Oh so simple and delicious, this skinny soup is low in calories and packed with vitamins and minerals. It’s surprisingly filling, so it makes a perfect savory snack or satisfying first course.
It is also delicious made with chicken broth for a non-vegetarian option.
- fresh ginger, 2 1/2 – 3 inch piece, peeled and minced
- 1 C onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 C red or green cabbage, thinly chopped
- 2-3 small or baby bok choy, chopped
- 12 oz of favorite mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 3/4 C diakon radish, peeled and cubed
- 6 C vegetable broth
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 1 t soy sauce
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large soup pot, add onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes until fragrant, stirring occasionally to keep the garlic from burning. Add cabbage, bok choy, and mushrooms and mix thoroughly. Saute for approximately 5 minutes. Add broth and radish and cook for ten minutes. Turn off heat, then mix in rice vinegar and soy sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste.
1 cup has less than 60 calories, so eat up!